Permanent Resident Card Application & Renewal
What We Do

Permanent Resident Card Application & Renewal

Permanent residents whose PR card is already expired or going to expire in nine (9) months and whose PR card is lost, stolen or destroyed and are in Canada can apply for a renewal.

PRs having their PR card already expired and have not met their residency obligation
(i.e., they were not physically present in Canada for 730 in last five years) should include a letter explaining why they failed to meet the residency requirement with evidence of the stated reasons. 

PRs who are outside Canada with an expired PR card should apply for a Permanent
Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to travel to Canada and apply for a new card after
coming to Canada.